Also known as #TCKProblems and TCKBlessings. Enjoy!
1. Your favourite season depends on where in the world you are.
Winter is the best thing in the world when you live somewhere really hot. Summer is the best thing when you live somewhere cold.
2. You have a love hate relationship with rain.
In certain countries where it rains a lot (England for example), you hate it. In others where it rains once a year (Saudi Arabia). Or, you're a "pluviophile" like me and it's in your veins to love rain no matter what.
3. You know sodas taste different in different regions.
Mexican Coke > American Coke (no pun intended :P)
4. You have a favorite soda flavor that only exists in certain places.
Mirinda Citrus anyone? How about Mirinda Strawberry, Grapefruit, Hibiscus, Pineapple, Banana... (Yes, these flavours actually exist).
5. You speak one language really well, but you can get by in about five more.
6. People tell you that you have a weird accent.
Because it's a mix of all the accents you've ever had. And you probably just read that in a really weird accent, haha.
7. Your accent (and vocabulary) changes depending on who you're talking with.
Speaking to an American? You totally have an American accent, bro.
Speaking to a Brit? You totally have some strange combination of an American and British accent, bruv.
Speaking in your mother tongue? You suddenly have no accent (OR often a really bad American accent!)
8. When you go to a restaurant that serves food from a particular country/culture, people ask you what's good.
Oh you must try *name some really particular food that no one would try otherwise*.
9. When someone speaks to you in "broken" English, you know exactly what they're saying.
Person who doesn't speak English well: My feets are in hurt really very much!
Everyone else: LOLOLOLOL
You: Aw, I'm sorry your feet are hurting. Would you like to sit down?
10. You have ten different sim cards from ten different countries, saved with you somewhere, just in case you ever go back.
My first sim card, ever, was from Saudi Arabia. I still have it and I still use it every time I fly back.
11. You know that love knows no race.
Interracial couples are beautiful.
12. Your favourite TV shows and movies consist of Korean dramas, Japanese horror films, Bollywood movies, and of course, general Hollywood.
You: Noooo I don't want I don't want to watch another AMERICAN horror film! They're not even scary! Japanese or nothing.
Everyone else: o_O
13. Your friend group is as different as the rainbow in terms of religion and race.
Some of my closest friends consist of two Sudanese Muslims, a couple of Pakistani Muslims, an Indian Hindu, a Sri Lankan Buddhist, a Nepali Buddhist, an American Jew, a Turkish Christian, a couple of Jordanians of different faiths, A Nigerian and a Syrian. And this list could go on forever.
14. You know there is nothing harder in this world than saying goodbye to the friends who have become family.
Moving sucks. Period.
15. The 2nd hardest thing in this world is answering the question, "Where are you from?"
Short answer: Earth.
16. People think you're spoiled because you've traveled the world at such a young age.
It's not our faults our parents had to move around a lot!
17. You know all the secret hot spots in all the major airports.
And you only share them with your closest friends. You don't want them to become popular, duh...
18. You had a frequent flyer card since you were super young.
19. You have a favourite airport...
Personally, Heathrow is my number one.
20. ... And a favourite terminal at that airport.
Doesn't get much better than Heathrow terminal 5!
21. Thinking of settling down somewhere in the future either scares you to bits or gives you peace of mind. Or both.
You either feel like: You've moved around your whole life. How can you possible spend the next 40, 50, 60 years in one country? In one city? Town? HOUSE? Impossible.
Or: You can't wait to spend the rest of your life in one country, one city, one town, and one house that you can finally call "home".
22. You can write your name in different languages (like Arabic, Chinese, Urdu, etc).
23. You can write your friend's names in different languages.
24. No food grosses you out anymore, because you've already tried the weirdest ones.
Brain masala. Frog legs. Bull testicles. Scorpion lollipop. Mhmmm.
25. You get anxious when you live in one place too long.
26. Even though you've traveled a bunch, you have a worse case of Wanderlust than your friends who haven't even left the country.
It's kind of like eating chocolate. Someone who has never had chocolate has no idea what they're missing.
27. You try to be humble about it, but you have intense pride in your TCK identity.
How can you not? How many people can say that they've lived in x-amount of countries? The majority of the world spends their entire life in one city (town, village, and the likes) and you've basically traveled the world.
28. It's a dream of yours to travel to (or live in) all seven continents.
29. Making friends is a breeze, since you've had to make new friends so many times. But at the same time, it's so hard because you know you'll have to say goodbye to them sooner or later.
Unless you plan on spending the rest of your life in the place you're in right now, you're going to have to say goodbye sooner or later...
30. You know there isn't a feeling the world more special than returning to a place you once knew as "home".
Seeing the people. The sights. Your friends. Your old house. Remembering all your memories there, and chereshing them for your lifetime.